- Full time role & ongoing contract
- Base location flexible – Central Coast or Hunter
- Salary 105k-110k + Super + vehicle (optional) + Salary packaging saving you $$$
This is an exciting role for an experienced Nurse Manager who can develop and lead nursing services across our Central Coast and Hunter sites.
ADSSI Limited trades in the Hunter and on the Central Coast as Adssi In-home Support, Beresfield Community Care, Dungog & District Neighbourcare, and Maitland Community Care Services. We are a values driven team delivering a varied mix of in-home aged care and disability services and supports through Home Care Packages, Commonwealth Home Support Program, NDIS, Out of Hospital Care, Short Term Restorative Care and others.
We are situated on Darkinjung, Wonnarua, Gringai and Awabakal lands and acknowledge the Traditional Custodians of this land. We pay our respects to the Elders, past, present and future, and recognise their continuing connection and contribution to this land.
We affirm the right to equality, respect and fairness for the LGBTIQ community.
As part of the management team, and reporting to the Director of Clinical Services, you will be joining the organisation at an exciting time of growth and change in the industry. You will contribute your holistic approach to care to further develop and shape our clinical governance framework and see its implementation on the ground in direct in-home services to clients.
You will enjoy the opportunity to
- contribute to the development of our multi-disciplinary, client centred models of care in aged and disability services, promoting a culture of clinical excellence,
- be involved in clinical CQI, ensuring ADSSI delivers on aged care and NDIS standards,
- lead a small team of nurses, and provide clinical support, advice, and resolution of nursing care problems that may arise across the range of programs and in-home services we provide,
- further develop and embed a range of policies and procedures, including for example, medication management, comprehensive clinical assessment and review, and clinical incident management,
- you will be responsible for our day to day COVID response,
- further develop our clinical and peer supervision framework and contribute to the ongoing professional development of clinical, allied health, direct care and other client facing staff within the scope of their role, across our sites.
This will be a varied and rewarding position with plenty of scope to use your community care experience and communication skills, making a positive contribution to current and future ADSSI clients, workforce and business as a whole.
Salary $105k-$110k p/a plus benefits include ongoing contract, PBI salary packaging, business phone and laptop. Inclusion of a company vehicle is an option for negotiation as part of the total package.
The successful candidate will be enthusiastic and thrive in a values driven organisation, love a challenge, have a flexible and adaptable approach to their work. You will be joining a friendly and professional team dedicated to excellence and continuous improvement.
In addition to AHPRA Registration (unconditional) – Registered Nurse Division One, the ideal candidate will have:
- Extensive nursing experience working with older people and/or people with a disability, living in the community.
- Understanding of clinical governance processes and demonstrated ability to lead and promote quality clinical practice across nursing teams, and direct care staff.
- Sound knowledge and practical experience working within an enablement, restorative and well-being framework with people who are ageing or living with a disability.
- Understanding of relevant aged, disability and community care sector legislation, standards and guidelines, including the Aged Care Quality Standards, Consumer Directed Care, and NDIS Practice Standards.
- Driver’s licence, and willingness to travel to ADSSI branches as required.
COVID-19 Vaccination: ADSSI requires all staff to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. ADSSI’s COVID-19 Vaccination Policy requires staff to complete recommended booster vaccinations.
For further information about the role contact Di Spragg, Director of Clinical Services on 0417206679.
Apply via Seek by clicking on the red “Apply for this job” button by 9am on 13 December 2021. Include a resume setting out your qualifications and employment history as well as a statement explaining how you meet the success profile. Only applications that specifically address the success profile will be considered. Please address your covering letter to Di Spragg, Director of Clinical Governance.
We are a good employer:
We are committed to increasing the workforce participation of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people. Applications are encouraged from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
We are a member of ACON’s Pride in Health + Wellbeing program that provides support in the provision of LGBTI inclusive services for the health and wellbeing sector.
We support EEO principles and have a smoke free environment.
Voice Project awarded ADSSI Limited a “Best Workplace Award” in 2021. Staff engagement, as measured by Voice Project, is exceptional at 92%. A Best Workplace Award places ADSSI in the top 15% of Voice Project’s 200 clients.
The successful applicant will be required to undergo an insolvency check and provide an NDIS Worker Clearance check.
People with criminal records are not automatically barred from applying for this position. Each application will be considered on its merits.
The criminal offences that preclude a person from working in aged or disability care are:
- a conviction for murder or sexual assault; or
- a conviction of, and sentence to imprisonment for, any other form of assault.
The best places to get confidential advice on how your criminal history might affect your chances in this job include the LawAccess NSW on 1300 888 529, Aboriginal Legal Service on 1800 765 767 or your local Community Legal Centre.