ADSSI Limited has provided home and community services for over 35 years. Spanning across four locations in the Hunter and the Central Coast, we’re a big organisation loaded with career opportunities, ranging from entry-level and traineeships to corporate and executive roles.
As an award-winning workplace, we deliver in-home aged and disability care services, including household help, personal care, respite, shopping, allied therapies, nursing, transport, home modifications, and maintenance.
Through our programs, we support thousands of Australians to remain living safely and independently in their home and the local community.
About the role
We’re currently hiring Support Workers to provide quality care and support to our clients. The successful candidate will work with our clients in their homes and in the community throughout the Dungog region.
You will support our clients with a wide range of practical activities, including (but not limited to) support to access the community (shopping, appointments, etc.), assistance with personal/self-care, domestic and household tasks, transport and social support. We’re here to make their day-to-day life manageable while at the same time helping them to live their best life.
- Completed (or have commenced) a Certificate III in Individual Support (or acceptable qualification).
- Understanding of knowledge of current direction, standards, and guidelines in the sector.
- A kind, caring nature with a passion for providing the best possible support.
- Excellent communication and time management skills.
- Ability to work well independently and as part of a larger team.
- First Aid certificate.
- Current NSW driver’s license and a safe driving record.
- A current, reliable, well-presented vehicle with comprehensive car insurance.
- Understanding the WH&S Act, risk management, manual handling and infection control.
- Current or willingness to obtain a Working with Children Check and an NDIS Worker Screening Check.
- ADSSI requires all staff before commencing employment to have had their first and second COVID Vaccination dose and any Booster Vaccination as it falls due and in line with Government recommendations.
Preferred but not essential
- Previous experience working with older people or people who live with disability.
- Knowledge of Consumer Directed Care and Home Care Package Guidelines and the NDIS.
Please note that the successful candidate must provide a National Criminal History Check. The criminal offences that preclude a person from working in aged care are a conviction for murder or sexual assault or a conviction of and sentenced to imprisonment for any other form of assault.
- Our Support Workers are paid between shifts (from your first to the last client, including travel time).
- Our Support Workers are given travel reimbursements and journey insurance.
- Staff are provided with PPE, a work phone and a uniform.
- Staff are paid to attend training and team meetings.
- The renewal costs for the Working With Children Checks, Police Checks, and First Aid are reimbursed.
- Staff can salary sacrifice, saving them thousands.
- Flu vaccinations are free.
- Voice Project awarded ADSSI Limited a “Best Workplace Award” in 2021, with staff engagement measured as exceptional at 92%.
- ADSSI has continuous learning and development opportunities to build a personalised career pathway.
- Staff are also provided with access to flexible working conditions, an Employee Assistance Program (EAP) and a paid ADSSI day.
We support diversity and inclusion in all our workplaces. Applications are encouraged from Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islanders, people with a multicultural background, people with a disability or members of the LGBTIQ community.
How to apply
Applying is easy by visiting SEEK and clicking the “Apply” button. Include a resume and a cover letter outlining how you meet the “About you” criteria.
For further information, please contact Leanne Lamaro, People & Culture Manager, on 0432 167 105.
We are situated on Darkinjung, Wonnarua, Awabakal and Gringai lands and acknowledge the Traditional Custodians of this land. We pay our respects to the Elders, past, present and future, and recognise their continuing connection and contribution to this land.