ADSSI Limited has provided home and community services for over 35 years. Spanning across four locations in the Hunter and the Central Coast, we’re a big organisation loaded with career opportunities, ranging from entry-level and traineeships to corporate and executive roles.
As an award-winning workplace, we deliver in-home aged and disability care services, including household help, personal care, respite, shopping, allied therapies, nursing, transport, home modifications, and maintenance.
Through our programs, we support thousands of Australians to remain living safely and independently in their home and the local community.
About the role
Our Support Workers work with our clients in their homes throughout Dungog, providing support with practical activities including but not limited to assistance with personal care, social support, shopping, meal preparation, light housework, medication assistance, transport to medical appointments, etc. all aimed at making our clients lives manageable. While at the same time helping them live their best life.
You do not need previous experience to apply for this role; we will teach you everything!
However, you must be a passionate and caring individual who is looking to make a difference in the lives of our clients (older people or people who live with disability) by supporting them with practical activities making their day-to-day life manageable and allowing them to live at home independently.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work autonomously
- Certificate in Individual Support, Aged Care, Disability or equivalent – advantageous but not essential; you can complete this through our traineeship program
- First Aid Certificate (or willingness to obtain)
- A current, reliable, well-presented vehicle with comprehensive insurance cover
- Current Working with Children Check and an NDIS Worker Screening Check (or willingness to obtain)
- Evidence of COVID-19 Vaccinations (including COVID-19 Booster)
- Willingness to obtain evidence of protection against the infectious diseases listed in the relevant policies of NSW Health relating to the ComPacks project: Diphtheria, Measles, Hepatitis B, Pertussis, Mumps, Varicella, Tetanus, Rubella, Tuberculosis (Influenza is recommended)
Please note that the successful candidate must provide a National Criminal History Check. The criminal offences that preclude a person from working in aged care are a conviction for murder or sexual assault or a conviction of and sentenced to imprisonment for any other form of assault.
- Guaranteed hours
- Fully paid traineeship opportunities.
- Competitive hourly rate + paid travel time + paid kilometres (0.92 / kilometre)
- Eligible for $15,900 not-for-profit salary packaging plus $2,600 meal entertainment card annually
- Paid bonus schemes, e.g. $500 for referring a friend (conditions apply)
- Continuous learning and development opportunities to build a personalised career pathway
- Employees are also provided with a mobile phone, a uniform, PPE, access to flexible working conditions, an Employee Assistance Program (EAP) and a paid ADSSI day
We support diversity and inclusion in all our workplaces. Applications are encouraged from Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander peoples, people with a multicultural background, people living with disability or members of the LGBTIQ community.
How to apply
Applying is easy by visiting SEEK and clicking the “Apply” button. Include a resume and a cover letter outlining how you meet the “About you” criteria.
For further information, please contact Leanne Lamaro, People & Culture Manager, on 0432 167 105.
We are situated on Darkinjung, Wonnarua, Awabakal and Gringai lands and acknowledge the Traditional Custodians of this land. We pay our respects to the Elders, past, present and future, and recognise their continuing connection and contribution to this land.