We can help care for your home as you have done in the past by assisting with house hold jobs like cleaning, washing clothes and ironing, general tidying, grocery shopping. Support can also be given to prepare or cook meals, change the bed linen or assist you to pay your bills.
Aged Care Services
We can assist with personal activities such as dressing, showering, toileting and mobility so that you can feel good about yourself. We can also assist you manage your medications on a regular basis.
Respite care can give carers a break from their role to attend their own medical or social appointments. Respite can be provided individually in your home, as part of a group or in the community. Respite can be on a regular basis or on an “as needs” basis. Every situation is different and our staff are flexible to accommodate each person’s individual needs.
Neighbourcare can provide personal washing on a regular basis. We can pick up and deliver back to you. Bulky items like quilts, doonas and blankets can also be laundered. Your personal items are always washed separately and we can supply linen such as sheets, towels, bathmats, cotton blankets for your use if needed.
We all need a lift sometimes; Why not get yours with Neighbourcare’s Community Transport Service?
- Door to door service to assist you attend appointments, visit friends, attend events and remain involved in your community.
- Shopper Bus services operate both around town (Thursdays) and to Maitland or Raymond Terrace each week (Fridays).
- Wheelchair accessible vehicle is available if required.
- A free and privately funded Dialysis Car runs to the Maitland Hospital Dialysis Unit 7 days a week.
Transport is not restricted to Monday to Friday so if you need access out of hours please contact us.
Social Support and Companionship
People’s involvement with their community can vary greatly so we strive to work with you to continue your involvement, and also to widen your options and opportunities for enjoyment. This can also include spending time with your family and friends or:
- Attending our monthly outings
- Individual outings
- Coffee with friends
- Visiting family
- Going to the movies
- Attending Care & Share group each Friday
- Small interest groups
- Carers group meets on the first Wednesday of each month to support each other in the role of caring.
Health and Wellbeing Programs
- Tai Chi programs are conducted in Dungog & Gresford
- Regular Stepping on Programs are run to assist in reducing falls risk through a 7 week program
Food Services – Meals on Wheels
‘More than just a meal’ is the mantra of Meals on Wheels Services.
Neighbourcare can deliver meals to your home for either short or long term periods, depending on your needs.
- Fresh cooked meals delivered up to 7 days a week
- Frozen meals to meet your cultural, dietary and personal choice that are dietitian approved and are low in salt, fat and sugar
- Breakfast range to get your day off to a healthy start
- Options to eat with friends and make new ones