On behalf of our Board of Management and myself I am writing to further update you on what Neighbourcare is doing to protect the health, safety and wellbeing of all our valued clients, staff and volunteers in response to Coronavirus (COVID-19).
Please be assured that we will only send staff to you that have been appropriately health-screened and who have received training on infection control.
These are difficult times for us all. We know our services are important to you. Our staff, from an organisation that you trust, will continue to support you to live safely and happy at home.
At this time you may require different or changed services so please call and let us know how we can help while maintaining the restriction of social distancing and infection control practices.
I would like to share with how we are continuing to provide services that will keep you, our staff and volunteers safe:
- We constantly monitor daily the situation to adhere to Australian Government’s Department of Health and our Funding Bodies guidelines that direct our provision of services.
- Our staff will continue to use standard infection control precautions which include the use of gloves and handwashing. This is normal practice for them.
- Our staff have completed additional training during the past few weeks around the importance of how to protect themselves, clients and our community from COVID-19
- Staff or volunteers are required to stay at home if they are unwell.
- All social support activities, outings, groups and wellbeing programs have been cancelled to abide our direction to do so over the next 4 weeks.
- The vehicles we use have had additional hygiene protocols for both drivers and passengers introduced
- Many of our office staff are working at home as is appropriate and those in the office are practicing social distancing and increased hand hygiene.
- Where possible office staff are being isolated from the support staff.
- We will continue to ask you questions about contact with anyone from overseas, contact with anyone who has been diagnosed with COVID-19 and if you have any cold or flu like symptoms. This is to help keep our staff safe and to seek assistance for you if required.
There are also ways you can help prevent the spread of COVID-19:
- Know the symptoms: fever, cough, shortness of breath, sore throat, fatigue
- If you or someone in your home is unwell, please call and we will reschedule your service
- If you fit the specific requirements for self-isolation including recent international travel, or contact with a confirmed diagnosis of COVID -19, you are required to self-isolate for 14 days
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water for 20 seconds
- Cough into the crook of your elbow not into your hands, or, use a tissue, dispose of it carefully then wash your hands
- Talk to your GP about a flu shot – it will be more important this year than previously.
We feel confident that you will understand that these actions have been taken to protect you, our staff and volunteers and the general community by doing as much as we can to reduce the spread of COVID-19.
If you have any queries, please call us on 49923348
Cherylin Brown- General Manager